Friday, April 4, 2014

So Much for Quarterly

Almost a year! Holy hats and handerchiefs. A new record of total disregard for this blog.
It's been an interesting year. I've learned my own best way to live in Seattle. Had many a visitor. Struggled with some health issues, including an ongoing battle with major depression. I didn't do a ton of travel, so I guess that's partly why I didn't blog. But I'm starting to figure out that this blog doesn't have to be about travel all the time. So, welcome to the jungle a life update entitled:

How I Plan to Spend the Next Year Traveling the PNW

Wait whaaat? I just said this wouldn't be about travel. Well, it sort of is. I have spoken to some of you regarding my plans for the next year or so, but many of the people in my life aren't aware that I have put a date on my move back to New England.

Now, let's not get dramatic. I always figured I'd end back up in the Northeast. The Pacific Northwest is a torrid love affair, filled with mystery and intrigue, bursting with passion and lust. But New England, New England is the best friend/soul mate that you'll always find your way back to. The kind where even if you haven't talked in years, you pick right back up where you left off.

I don't have a very detailed plan, mostly because my time frame for The Great Returning is for Summer 2015. All I really know is that I will be moving to Boston or Cambridge as I have discovered that without a shadow of a doubt I am a big-city kind of girl.

One thing I've learned this year is that there are discoveries to be made no matter where you live. It's not about the place, it's about how you explore and adapt and how you make the place yours. Ultimately, I want to make a place mine that affords me the ability to be only a short trip to any of my family and long time friends, and a place that I can use as home base when I decide to go backpacking for a month or three.

That being said, Seattle is the first place I've really made mine, and because of that it will be completely heartbreaking to leave. But over the next year my plan is to make the PNW such an integral part of myself that I will be satisfied and ready when the time comes to say goodbye.

In my head, it stands to reason that over the next year I will have a more than usual amount to write about. I have a huge amount of places to see and activities to participate in and I'm hoping that some of those things will be worthy of chronicling. Stay tuned in for my adventures. There will be blood blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Love you and love being entertained by your superlative writing.

    ReplyDelete