Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good Finds

2 posts, 1 night. No cups. (Not) sorry.
Quick list of good finds so far:
1. Sharon's Sorbet

Really what they mean is creamy creamy fatty coconut ice cream from heaven. Only found (so far) at Whole Foods in Charlottesville. Which is 2 hours away. Totally worth it. Like, once a month.


2. The Garden Maze at Luray Caverns

I'm sure this sounds lame to some people. Well, some people, you are lame. And wrong. I got lost for an hour and had a great time walking in circles and being stubborn. I totally knew where I was going. Nope! It feels refreshing to be super duper wrong sometimes.

3. Page Theatre

I cannot even believe this isn't some sort of major scenester travel destination. This old time theater is cash only, has traditional rich velvet decor, and all sorts of awesome, kitschy props are scattered about. It is super eclectic and fun, and the tiny rooms, screens and small seats make you feel like you are in your own private screening room. Also, it is hardly ever crowded, which adds to the feeling that you are some posh celebrity with special priviledges of personal screenings. Which obviously you are. I have seen two movies there and have been the only one in both. Only downfall is they have one single showing of each movie every evening. Must be hard to keep open with so few patrons and so many IMAX chain cinemas. I swear if this place was ever going under, I would do everything in my power to save it. This is what love feels like.

4. Chasing fires

Ok, so maybe not a traditionally "good" find, but a memorable and fiercely beautiful one, this forest fire on the southern border of Page County tore up 12000 acres of G.W. National Forest over 7 days. I've never witnessed a true forest fire before, but it was unforgettable. Scary, beautiful and somewhat tragic, no (human) lives lost but a few homes and farms were swallowed by the blaze.

5. Beer

This one has nothing to do with Virginia per say, except that I became rather intoxicated off of it in Virginia. New Belgian Brewing's Prickly Passion Beer is hellllla good. To note, it was followed by a night of embarassing facebook posts, free ticket winning and Zac Efron oggling. Clearly, some sort of magicdrink, this stuff needs to be imbibed by this lady on the regular.

I'm procrastinating again. Time to finish my paperwork and pack for tomorrow. You see, today is my first New Hampshire's Eve. See you soon, New England. Keep a weathered eye on Logan's A9 gate for a fluffy, probably buzzed homesick girl in happy tears.

Keep checking back for more of this shit. If you want. Dooooo iiiit. And comment. I'd like that!







No comments:

Post a Comment