Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day One

Total Miles Driven: 771
States Passed Through: MA, NY, PA
Currently in: Millbury, Ohio- Just south of Toledo

Alright Alright! First leg of the trip down! Having a hard time waking up this morning, so I figured I'd do a short blog post and summarize my trip thus far. This Super 8 Motel room is dark and comfy and a super good value for 60 bucks. Nothing really cool to see so far, though Lake Erie was pretty at sunset. Also, New York has a great set up of rest stops. Oh, the exciting life I lead. Thanks to all of you who called to keep me entertained!

After getting on the road a day late, I am pumped to be well on my way. I'm going to aim to hit South Dakota today, which is about 13 hours, since I'm pretty sure that's where the site seeing starts, and it would put me half way to Washington. I am less than 2 hours away from the time change, so it will help make up for my late start today. It seems like time zones are magical time machines that for some reason trick you into thinking you've got less far to go.


I'm going to pack up and get on my way. First order of business, find some coffee and breakfast! I'll keep you all posted on here and facebook with my progress and anything fun that comes up. Hoping to see some buffalo by Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. YES! so happy you are blogging! love you like crazy, can't wait to hear more of your travels sisterfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Send my love to everyone Dylan, sorry I missed coming up in early July!

    ReplyDelete